Catch Eucalyptus (White Large) - Review. 8 May 2009.

Review Updated: 3 October 2021  


Some of you may now know this, but back in 2009 when I first started snus, this is one of the first products I tried and actually liked.  It was the third snus I reviewed back in May of 2009, as well.  It helped me make my transition from American "snus" to Swedish Snus.  Now, I don't use it as much, but I always have some in the freezer for whenever I catch a cold!  The flavor description for this one says "A mellow tobacco taste with distinct notes of eucalyptus and mint".  Each can weighs 21.6g and has 24 portions, for 0.9g portions.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%), or 7.2mg/portion.

What I like about this one is that it isn't overly mentholated, and doesn't smell too much like cough drops.  It reminds me of them, but it's not in your face like opening a bag of them.  The menthol/eucalyptus character is the first thing I smell, and it seems to have a faint touch of peppermint in the background.  The portions are soft, and feel quite comfortable under the lip.  They also come with a nice cooling sensation when you put one under the lip.  The flavor is gentle, and fresh.  The eucalyptus flavor is nice and gentle.  The menthol flavor is light, and not too in your face.  There's a light mint character to it in the background, which works pretty well with the fresh taste of the menthol.  I also pick up a gentle base tobacco taste in the background.  The nicotine level feels to be about regular strength, and the flavor lasts about an hour on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

This is a pretty solid snus.  It could be accredited as one of the first Swedish Snus products that helped me Switch from American "snus" to Swedish Snus, and one of the ones that helped me quit smoking.  Not only that, but it's one I always keep around.  Whenever I catch a cold, this is one of the ones that I always reach for.  I rated it at 3.5/5, and consider it to be one of the better menthol flavored products out there.  It isn't too in your face, it's not overly medicinal, and could be a good all day snus for people who like this sort of thing.

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments

  1. thanks for this post. i've only been using snus for 5 or 6 months (started with camel and then switched to swedish stuff). for the last 4 months or so i've been using general wintergreen white portion. i love the stuff but, i wanted to mix it up a little bit. however, i only buy snus by the roll and didn't want to try something new, hate it, and then have 10 cans of it. catch eucalyptus is what i was looking at and your review has helped me make up my mind. so, again, thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thunder Frosted has a great mint flavor, as well, it's a good one to look into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment