Lundgren's Skärgården (White Portion) Review - 8 May 2021.

Fiedler and Lundgren has released a new addition to their Lundgrens line:  Lundgrens Skärgården.  Skärgården is, according to Wikipedia, also known as the Stockholm Archipelago, and is the largest archipelago in Sweden.  If you Google it, check out the images, it's quite beautiful.  I've heard comparisons drawn between this one and the Red Can in the Lundgrens Laponia Limited Edition release from Winter of 2020, however I don't notice it to be an exact clone.  But, more on that later.  The flavor description for this one says, "A flavor of wild raspberries and strawberries".  Each can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%), or 8mg/portion.

In the aroma of this one, it's certainly sweeter than other products in the Lundgrens series.  It does seem to be on the side of strawberry, but with tones of raspberry in the mix.  The portions are the perforated white portion, which have little holes in them and give a quicker release of flavor than the average white portion.  The material can irritate the gum if I use it a lot, so I have to make perforated white portions an occasional use, for me.  In the flavor, it is certainly on the sweeter side, but not overly sweet.  Just, sweeter than the average Lundgrens product.  I pick up a mild presence of strawberries along with a subdued raspberry background.  The tobacco character is light, and mild, and stays in the background.  Comparing it to Frostbär from the Lundgens Laponia series, this one is sweeter and is more strawberry/raspberry whereas that one was more blueberry.  The nicotine level feels to be around regular strength, and the flavor lasts about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.33 out of 5.  It's a solid snus.  Not something I'd use full time, but something I could see myself using on occasion.  In the Lundgrens series, this is definitely their sweeter offering, so it does open the line up more for people looking for that sort of thing.  The Lundgrens line is pretty impressive, because I haven't met a product in that series that I didn't like.  That's impressive!  If you like a sweeter snus, or one with a berry flavor, you'll probably enjoy this one.  

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments