Jade Hare (Nicotine Pouches/China) - Review. 2 March 2021.

Nicotine Pouches seem to be all over the world now!  Today, we're talking about a brand made and sold in China - Jade Hare.  In this review I'll be covering 6 flavors in this line.  Speaking with them, I was told they use synthetic nicotine in these products, as opposed to the tobacco derived nicotine that most nicotine pouch products contain.  Now, what's in a name?  Well, it's one of two things.  First, it could be named after a Dungeons and Dragons model released in 1992. Or, mostly likely, it comes from Chinese folklore and is named after a mythical figure who is believed to live on the moon.  That explanation seems to be most likely to me.  

Can Contents
Now, in terms of this product, I counted 24 portions in each can.  Weighing them out, they seem to all weigh around 15g per can.  Doing some math, that would put the portion weight to 0.63g each.  The nicotine strength on the can is said to be 14mg/g (1.4%).  With the 0.63g portions, that would be 8.82mg/portion.  For these products, they do have three things in common - the portions, the nicotine strength, and the flavor longevity.  I'll cover those things real quick before we get into the reviews, so I'm not repeating myself.  In terms of the pouches, they're all slim, and soft.  They do, however, open pretty easily, as you can see from the photo on the left.  Each can had 3-5 already open when I opened the can.  The nicotine strength on all these feels to be about regular strength.  And in terms of flavor longevity, they all seem to last about 30-40 minutes on average.  Now, with all that being said, let's get into the review and talk about the flavors of each one of these products!

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Watermelon 

When you open the can, a mild, natural aroma of watermelon greets you.  It's not overly sweet in nature, either.  In the flavor profile, the watermelon is pretty gentle.  It's not super sweet, and is pretty mild in terms of presence.

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Spearmint 

When you open the can, a mild, light aroma of spearmint greets you.  It's lightly sweet in nature.  Being a mint product, you'll get a subtle cooling presence under the lip.  The spearmint flavor is quite mild.  It's gentle, and lightly sweet.

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Orange 

This one has a pretty light orange smell to it.  It's tart, and not super sweet.  In the flavor, the orange is quite mild, gentle, and subdued.  It's a little tart, and not overly sweet.

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Ice Cool 

In the aroma, you'll pick up a mild peppermint smell.  It's gentle, and lightly sweet in nature.  In the lip, you'll get a nice cooling presence, a common attribute of mint products.  In the flavor, the peppermint taste is mild.  It's gentle, and lightly sweet.

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Grape 

I was curious if this one would taste and smell like grape, and guess what - it actually does.  The grape aroma is pretty mild and nature, and has a fresh presence to it.  I noticed a cooling presence in the lip, but not a minty flavor.  The taste is grape, and it comes through in a very light way with a touch of menthol.

Jade Hare Nicotine Pouches:  Coffee 

Of the three, this was the one I ended up rating the highest.  I know, that's probably surprising since I'm not a coffee drinker.  But, I like to keep things interesting!  Coffee flavored nicotine pouches are all the rage lately, so its almost assumed that every company is going to make one alongside a mint flavor as well.  In the aroma, it's a dark, black coffee smell.  It's not super in your face, but not too weak.  In the flavor, it's a mild, straightforward coffee taste.  It's a dark, roasted flavor of black coffee.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I enjoy coffee flavored things.  I know, it's weird.  But, I'm a weird guy.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

Looking at the chart below, I'll talk about the things they all have in common first.  Then, I'll rate them from top to bottom and see which came out as my favorite.  The can designs were all pretty standard.  The portions were okay, but I didn't like how easily they bust open.  The strengths were all pretty satisfactory, and they had about the usual flavor longevity.  Now, ratings from top to bottom, my favorite one was the Coffee one at 2.58/5.  That one is followed by Grape and Ice Cool at 2.42/5, Orange and Watermelon at 2.5/5, and then Spearmint at 2.42/5.  They were pretty average.  I'm not sure what the market is like in China, but if these were all I had access to, I'd probably be fine with the Coffee one and the Grape one.  



Comments