Oden's Cold (Extreme Loose) - Review. 17 June 2020.

Review Updated:  10 December 2021

I know, I just reviewed this one last year.  However, I wasn't doing ratings at the time, so I figured it was time to revisit this one, and to give it a proper rating.  This is an interesting one.  Believe it or not, this is the only mint flavored loose snus / lössnus on the market.  It's a little stronger than I prefer, but as there aren't many loose products on the market, I get excited any chance I get to review one.  Not many stores stock this one, but I bought this can recently on a SnusDirect.com order.   The flavor description says "a refreshing taste of spearmint balanced with a traditional tobacco character."  Each can weighs in at 40 grams, and has a nicotine content of 22mg/g (2.2%).

When you open the can, the aroma of spearmint greets you. It's mild, lightly sweet, and accompanied by a gentle tobacco character. The loose itself is easy to work with and handbakes quite easily. It's a pretty well balanced flavor. The spearmint taste is present, but not overpowering. It's lightly sweet, but not overly so. The tobacco flavor stays in the background and serves as a nice compliment to the minty taste.  It's a darker, relatively earthy tobacco base.  I usually back 1-2 gram prillas, and with my 1 gram prillas of this stuff I feel quite a kick. Also, the loose stays well packed in the lip for up to 45 minutes or so, and I can enjoy full flavor the whole time!  It is a pretty long-lasting taste, that's for sure.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.67/5.  I don't use a lot of mint products, and I don't use a lot of really strong products, so it did come in a little lower.  However, it's a pretty good product.  I'll never talk bad of any loose product, because there's so few of them.  If you're into mint products and you also use loose, obviously you'll want to try this one because it's the only one, currently, in existence.  

This product available at SnusDirect.com!



Comments