G.3 Sparkling (Slim White Dry) - Review (Discontinued). 2 May 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Do you have a snus that you use on special occasions?  I do.  Well, I have a few.  One is General Onyx: Silver.  The other one is this one.  Why?  Because I love champagne, and this one has a taste of champagne.  So, whenever I go for a little bit of the bubbly, I pull a can of this out of the freezer.  It's one I don't use all the time, but one I like to keep handy for when I get a craving for it.  Their flavor description for this one says:  "Light tobacco character with elements of apple, elderberry, and hints of citrus and lavender."  Each can weighs 16.6g and has 24 portions, for 0.69g portions.  The nicotine content is 26mg/g (2.6%), or 17.94mg/portion.

So, I really enjoyed the Göteborgs Rapé XRANGE Sparkling (Slim White). However, I found I can burn out on it if I use it too much. With this one, the slim white dry format seems to mild out the flavor, and I find it's not something I can burn out on so easily!  This one seems to be a white dry version of that one, but with more nicotine.  The aroma is a gentle smell of citrus with a hint of pepper, a light touch of apple, and some mildly sweet floral notes.  The portions are slim, white, and of course, dry.  They're not too uncomfortable, though.  The citrus flavor is mild, and in the front, and comes through with a light touch of pepper to it.  There's a lightly sweet, fresh, floral note to it.  In the background, there's a mild hint of apple, and a gentle tobacco character.  The nicotine level on this one feels to be between strong and extra strong, and the flavor lasts well up to 1.5 hours on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

As far as this one goes, it seems to be GR Sparkling, but better.  It ended up at 3.5 out of 5 for me.  I like the milder approach to the flavor with the white dry format, as it makes this snus much more balanced than GR Sparkling.  While this isn't something I use full time, it's something I always keep some cans of in my freezer for whenever I get a craving for it, or whenever I have some champagne!  It's one I definitely suggest checking out if you've never had before.



Comments